Your Professional Choice in Central Texas Real Estate
At About Me you saw a summary of my background and experience. At Why RE/MAX? and RE/MAX and RE/MAX Capital City you'll learn why I am proud to be associated with such great organizations, and about how professional and productive we are. Above average production means simply that I experience more, and more varied, properties, property conditions, and sales situations than most agents. Constant attention to my own knowledge and professionalism, and to professionalism in my industry generally, are critical to my approach to my business and to serving my clients.
A Little Background
Decades of broad experience in sales and marketing, contract negotiation and management, product and product line management, customer/client service, technical support, business creation, business process design and implementation, and extensive "people skills" all serve me well in my real estate practice. I came to this business in 2003, and I consider myself a consultant to my clients, not a salesperson. Hundreds of transactions later, I still look forward to every day, and I am proud that I still see and talk to my earliest clients regularly. The vast majority of my business is with repeat clients and their referred friends and family -- the best testimony for my past service to them. See Testimonials for some of their recommendations.
More on Certifications and Recognitions
You saw a list of these certifications and designations on About Me. Here is a little more information about them:
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) -- Achieved by only 3% of REALTORS®, the CRS designation requires an ongoing commitment to education, market involvement, and to sales and marketing success.
- Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR®) -- Awarded by the Real Estate Buyer's Agent Council, the ABR designation is based on experience and training in the complex process of representing buyers of residential real estate. This knowledge and background also provides a firm understanding that allows me to provide more complete advice and counsel to my seller-clients as well.
- Pricing Strategy Advisor – A specialized credential that provides enhanced tools, education, and expertise to help determine the most confident market price for a home, helping sellers to get the most for their homes in the timeframe that’s important to them and assisting buyers in making compelling offers for successful purchases without the guessing that can happen in a fast-moving market.
- Certified Distressed Property Expert® (CDPE) -- The Austin area has been fortunate that short sales and foreclosures play a relatively minor role in our real estate market. Nonetheless, I strive to be as knowledgeable as possible in my field. I represent both sellers and buyers of distressed properties, so this designation applies directly in those relationships. It also provides important insight in all of my client relationships.
- ePRO® -- More than ten years ago the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) developed the e-PRO® certification program to teach members how to effectively use real estate technology to grow their businesses. The role of technology in sales and marketing continues to evolve, and I work to use these tools to my clients' best advantage.
- NAR Green Designee (GREEN) -- In 2008 the National Association of REALTORS® created The Green REsource Council and the NAR Green Designation. Earning this designation not only represents a commitment to learn green real estate concepts, principles, practices, and benefits from the ground up, but also provides access to ongoing education and up-to-date green resources.
- After several years as a member of the RE/MAX family I achieved RE/MAX Hall of Fame recognition. That is an award for production volume which I am proud of, but I'm even more proud that I have never compromised quality of service or client satisfaction for sales production. That what allowed me to earn the following recognition.
- I have been selected for nine consecutive years as a Five Star Real Estate Professional – every year that this survey has been conducted in our area. This is a rigorous process based on extensive consumer surveys that selected about 400 agents this year from almost 33,000 Central Texas real estate agents based on production and client service and satisfaction. Those chosen professionals are highlighted each year in a special edition of Texas Monthly magazine. I was proud to be among those of us who were also featured in Forbes for the past two years.
I am also proud to have earned the Commitment to Excellence (C2EX) endorsement from the National Association of REALTORS®. The C2EX endorsement is earned through a self-directed program that enables users to assess and build on their competency in each of ten core areas of real estate practice. Launched in November 2018, this innovative program sets the standard for what it means to be a professional in the real estate brokerage business, and it requires continued active participation in the C2EX program to keep the endorsement.
My commitment to education and professionalism goes beyond those designations and recognition. I routinely attend many more continuing education classes than my license requires simply to stay thoroughly up to date and to broaden my skills and knowledge. See my Texas Real Estate Commission record for details.
Other Professional Involvement
I also volunteer time to help "professionalize" the real estate industry:
- I served for many years on the Professional Standards Committee for the Austin Board of REALTORS® (ABoR), sitting on grievance tribunals and ethics hearing panels involving complaints between association members and between consumers and real estate practitioners. In 2013 ABoR partnered more completely in this effort with TexasRealtors® (the Texas Association of REALTORS®), so these hearings now provide a statewide view of what my colleagues do right and wrong in their real estate practices.
- I served on the ABoR Board of Directors from 2015 through 2017, and I remain a member of the TexasRealtors® Board of Directors, working with recommendations from our advisory committees and helping to direct policy aimed at protecting private property rights for homeowners and commercial property owners, and advocating for our industry and our associations’ membership.
- In 2015 I served as Chair of ABoR's Legislative Management Team, working on a wide variety of regional and statewide policy issues, from Austin's land development code to water and transportation needs that affect us all. I remain very involved with advocacy efforts at the local and state levels, and I was asked to return to the Legislative Management Team as the 2018 Vice Chair, leading to my second chairmanship in 2019.
- In 2017 I was asked to chair ABoR’s Growth & Development Policy Team, dealing with Austin’s rewrite of its land development code – important throughout the Austin metropolitan area because housing supply and affordability issues in the city of Austin are creating supply, affordability, transportation, and infrastructure issues throughout the city and in all suburban areas. This very challenging work continues in 2019.
- Previously, I served for two years on ABoR's Professional Development Steering Committee, working to ensure that our educational offerings make real contributions to the knowledge and professionalism of my fellow real estate licensees.
- I served from 2014 through 2018 as a member ABoR’s MLS Advisory Committee (formerly, the MLS Board), working on a wide (and ever-changing) range of technology and data integrity issues that affect our industry and our members' ability to best serve their clients' needs.
In addition to daily work in the "real world" of Austin real estate, all of these investments of time and energy result in my being better prepared to provide best-in-class client service and consultation. I look forward to discussing your specific objectives, needs, and priorities so that, together, we can take the necessary steps to achieve them.